Tuesday 1 November 2011

X-Men First Class



Online ads are some of my favourite forms of advertisements just based on the level of interaction and creativity that you can get with it. It's like a meld of television and magazines but all at one spot with a clear idea of who your target market is.

A great example of a online interactive ad is this:

http://www.mediamind.com/creative_zone/X_Men_First_Class/index.html

It's a homepage takeover and it's great because it is aimed directly at it's target market and it's set up in a way that it doesn't feel like a typical advertisement. I think the clips you get after clicking on one of the characters is a great touch. And if you don't want to see little video clips there is also a gallery option that you can browse through to see stills from the movie.

Despite how much I love this ad, that's not to say it doesn't have flaws. For one, I have no idea where the close button is and once it goes to the actual take over aspect, I can't find a sound button.

I'm not sure if that's a result of it being on mediamind or what, but those are two things that should not have been omitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment